3 Buy-Rated Dividend Stocks: CPLP, CODI, DMLP
Dorchester Minerals L.P (NASDAQ: DMLP) shares currently have a dividend yield of 7.30%. Dorchester Minerals, L.P. engages in the acquisition, ownership, and administration of producing and nonproducing crude oil and natural gas royalty, net profits, and leasehold interests in 574 counties and parishes in 25 states. The company owns royalty properties and net profits interests. The company has a P/E ratio of 19.64. The average volume for Dorchester Minerals L.P has been 62,000 shares per day over the past 30 days. Dorchester Minerals L.P has a market cap of $729.2 million and is part of the financial services industry. Shares are up 16.9% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. TheStreet Ratings rates Dorchester Minerals L.P as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its increase in net income, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, expanding profit margins, increase in stock price during the past year and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry average. The net income increased by 4.8% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $7.30 million to $7.65 million.
- DMLP has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 28.41, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- The gross profit margin for DORCHESTER MINERALS -LP is currently very high, coming in at 90.30%. Regardless of DMLP's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, DMLP's net profit margin of 57.86% significantly outperformed against the industry.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. In comparison to other companies in the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, DORCHESTER MINERALS -LP has underperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has greatly exceeded that of the S&P 500.
- The stock price has risen over the past year, but, despite its earnings growth and some other positive factors, it has underperformed the S&P 500 so far. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- You can view the full Dorchester Minerals L.P Ratings Report.
- Our dividend calendar.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts