Another Study Finds AICR Recommendations Cut Breast Cancer Risk
When the researchers focused on specific recommendations, they found the ones most linked to reduced risk were those related to carrying less body fat, eating plant foods, and avoiding alcohol. In this study, women who met all three of these recommendations had a slightly more than 60 percent reduced risk compared to women who met none of these three.
The AICR Recommendations for Cancer Prevention examined in this latest study came from AICR's report and its continuous updates, which have concluded that women can reduce their risk of postmenopausal breast cancer by being physically active, staying a healthy weight, not drinking alcohol, and breastfeeding one's child. AICR estimates that 38 percent of breast cancer cases in the US could be prevented by following these recommendations.
The study was funded by the National Cancer Institute and the National Institutes of Health Office of Dietary Supplements.
SOURCE American Institute for Cancer Research
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV