- Stay as lean as possible without becoming underweight.
- Be physically active. (For this study, women met this recommendation if they were active at least 30 minutes per day at least five days a week.)
- Limit consumption of calorie-dense foods and avoid sugary drinks.
- Eat a plant-based diet that includes a variety of vegetables, fruits, whole grains and beans. (For the study, women met this recommendation if they ate at least five servings of fruits and/or non-starchy vegetables and also at least one serving of whole grains and/or legumes per day.)
- Limit intake of red meat and avoid processed meat. (For the study, women met this recommendation if they ate less than 18 ounces of red or processed meat per week.)
- If you consume alcohol, limit yourself to one drink per day.
Another Study Finds AICR Recommendations Cut Breast Cancer Risk
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.