You're going to see a rush of technical analysts and market watchers pointing to key levels and sentiment indicators, etc. today. In the options space, the implied volatility of CBOE Volatility Index (VIX) options popped up on Friday, put/call indicators are at extremes, and so on. Really, all your favorites deserve a mention. But all those indicators are lagging - not predictive - primarily because equity market sentiment is just a day-late response to what's going on in bond markets.
Several Fed governors - the plumbers - are making speeches this week, and maybe one of them will be deputized to speak in a way that changes the market assessment of Fed policy. Until Treasury notes settle, though - until this liquidity clog is cleared - there's no reason to get worked up about all the second-order effects and chart patterns and so on.
Cash is usually the ugliest faucet: it doesn't do anything, and loses value over time due to inflation. Right now for traders, it's the best of a set of bad alternatives.
Jared can be followed on Twitter at twitter.com/CondorOptions.
OptionsProfits can be followed on Twitter at twitter.com/OptionsProfits.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas