CANTON, Mass., June 24, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Baskin-Robbins, the world's largest chain of ice cream specialty shops, announced today plans to develop locations in major metropolitan areas across South Africa and Germany. This effort is part of Baskin-Robbins' development strategy to increase its presence internationally.
Baskin-Robbins is seeking qualified, multi-unit franchisee candidates to develop the brand in South Africa, with an initial focus on provinces in the south, north and east regions. The German introduction for Baskin-Robbins will begin in Berlin and Munich followed by Hamburg, Frankfurt and Stuttgart. Ideal franchisee candidates should have strong financial backgrounds, a deep knowledge of their local consumers, a proven track record of success in operating multi-unit retail or restaurant businesses, and a desire to develop a minimum of 20-25 Baskin-Robbins' locations in South Africa and 25-30 in Germany over the next several years.
"Expansion in both South Africa and Germany will provide Baskin-Robbins with a strong growth opportunity," said Jeremy Vitaro, Vice President of International Development for Dunkin' Brands. "We are confident that Baskin-Robbins will be well-received internationally in these countries and are eager to extend the brand further to additional markets."In 1945, Baskin-Robbins was founded by two ice cream enthusiasts who shared a dream to create an innovative ice cream store that would be a neighborhood gathering place for families. Today, over 300 million people visit Baskin-Robbins each year to sample from the more than 1,000 flavor creations available in its ice cream library. Baskin-Robbins offers guests a wide range of hard scoop ice cream flavors, along with custom ice cream cakes, delicious frozen beverages and take home frozen treats in its more than 7,000 locations around the world.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV