Finding the Market Bottom
TheStreet Premium Services
A complimentary preview
of Options-Profits Previews
Look for bonds and stocks to normalize, look for the VIX to fail on an SPX sell-off and then we will be at our floor. Right now the weak are being shaken out, the momo buyers. As the VIX rallies, I would be looking to sell puts in S&P 500 (SPY) around the 1,525-1,550 level as a way of getting long the market. Those that are longer term investors might look to sell a SPY put at the 152 level around the September or October time frame. I think there is a strong chance that the return on a put sold at that level works out well.
OptionsProfits can be followed on Twitter at twitter.com/OptionsProfits.
Mark can be followed on Twitter at twitter.com/OptionPit.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV