Amazon.com, Inc. today announced their annual Best Books of the Year So Far list, a midyear retrospective that highlights the best books released in 2013 between January and June. Life After Life, The Son and Frozen in Time took the top three spots. Along with an overall Top 20 list, customers looking for great books to read this summer will find Top 10 editors’ picks lists in 20 categories, from Cookbooks, Food & Wine to Children’s & Teens to Romance. The Best Books of the Year So Far are available in print and Kindle editions at www.amazon.com/bestbookssofar.
“Customers looking for great summer reads will find an eclectic selection on the list this year, from the very best fiction to compelling memoirs to excellent young adult novels,” said Sara Nelson, Editorial Director for Books and Kindle, Amazon.com. “Our #1 pick, Life after Life, is clever but never gimmicky—which is amazing when you consider that the story of the heroine’s life begins, ends and then begins again, multiple times. We think this book is an extraordinary feat of narrative ambition, an audacious genre-bender and a work of literary genius.”
The Best Books of the Year So Far are hand-picked by the Amazon Books editors, who rank their favorite titles in an overall Top 20 list, plus 10 picks each in 20 popular categories: Art & Photo, Audiobooks, Biographies & Memoir, Business & Leadership, Comics & Graphic Novels, Cookbooks, Food & Wine, Crafts, Hobbies & Home, History, Humor & Entertainment, Kindle Singles, Literature & Fiction, Mystery, Thriller & Suspense, Nonfiction, Romance, Science Fiction & Fantasy, and Teens, as well as Middle Grade, Picture Books, Board Books, and Chapter Books for Kids.
The Amazon Books editors’ picks for the Top 10 Best Books of the Year So Far are:
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV