CSC (NYSE: CSC) received the top ranking for firms in the technology sector for its sustainability reporting practices, according to a recent report from the Investor Responsibility Research Center Institute (IRRCI).
In the IRRCI research, CSC led the technology sector and received more than triple the average score among technology companies for its integrated reporting on climate change, energy efficiency, waste management, ethics, employee recruitment and diversity. While many corporations disclose some level of sustainability information, far fewer demonstrate to investors, business partners and suppliers the value of their sustainability initiatives.
“Reporting on all drivers of value--not just the traditional accounting ones--is the first step toward understanding the causation between specific sustainability issues, including climate change, and their financial risks and opportunities,” said IRRCI Executive Director Jon Lukomnik. “Companies connecting these dots have a competitive advantage in maximizing long-term shareholder returns, minimizing negative societal impacts and contributing most to the communities in which they operate.”
The IRRCI research is the first to report comprehensively benchmark the status of integrated financial and sustainability reporting in the United States. The report examined S&P 500 companies and their disclosures for 2012 in areas ranging from environmental management and climate change to ethics and human rights.About CSC For more information, please visit CSC’s company profile. Click here to subscribe to Mobile Alerts for CSC.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV