- LGD-6972 is a potent and selective antagonist of the glucagon receptor (GCGR) that has previously demonstrated activity in pre-clinical models of type 2 diabetes.
- LGD-6972 significantly lowered fasting and non-fasting glucose levels in a mouse model of type 1 diabetes.
- LGD-6972 reduced HbA1c, ketone bodies, and free fatty acids in diabetic mice.
- LGD-6972 had additive effects when used in combination with insulin therapy and may be useful in an insulin sparing regimen.
Ligand Announces Positive Preclinical Data For Glucagon Program In Model Of Type 1 Diabetes
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.