The Western Union Company (NYSE: WU), a leader in global payment services, today announced an internal Big Data initiative designed to help define and capture growth opportunities within the company’s digital, retail and stored value businesses.
Working with TIBCO Software Inc. (NASDAQ: TIBX), Western Union will leverage internal Big Data analysis to anticipate consumer trends, and ultimately customize the company’s customer engagement strategies according to an individual’s unique needs. In addition, the company will work with TIBCO to streamline the systems integration process for Western Union’s Global Share stored value platform.
“We manage a considerable amount of data—last year alone we completed more than 231 million consumer-to-consumer transactions and 432 million business payments,” said David Thompson, executive vice president, global operations and technology, chief information officer, Western Union. “Big Data analysis of our information will increase Western Union’s productivity and support innovation by capturing the right information, at the right time, so we can act on it in a proactive manner.”
Western Union will utilize a number of TIBCO’s solutions for the internal Big Data initiative, including:
- A high-performance event processing platform that facilitates real-time decision making;
- An in-memory data grid enabling immediate sharing and processing of internal Big Data; and
- A scalable middleware platform that helps automate business processes and integrate the company’s retail locations with its online and mobile offerings.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV