WOONSOCKET, R.I., June 24, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- MinuteClinic, the largest provider of retail-based medical clinics in the United States, has opened its first two walk-in medical clinics in the Lehigh Valley.
Open seven days a week with no appointment necessary, the clinics are located inside two CVS/pharmacy stores in Bethlehem and Macungie and are part of MinuteClinic's plan to open 150 clinics nationwide in 2013 in both new and existing markets.
MinuteClinic launched its first medical clinics in Pennsylvania in 2007 and now has 24 walk-in clinics inside select CVS/pharmacy stores in the Philadelphia, Harrisburg, Pittsburgh markets.Andrew Sussman, M.D., president, MinuteClinic and senior vice president/ associate chief medical officer, CVS Caremark Corporation, believes MinuteClinic can help alleviate the severe primary care shortage that is expected to worsen over the coming decade in Pennsylvania. "We believe MinuteClinic can be part of the solution to help broaden access to high quality, convenient and affordable health care services in the Lehigh Valley and elsewhere in the state," Sussman said. The clinics are staffed by MinuteClinic nurse practitioners who specialize in family health care and can diagnose, treat and write prescriptions for common family illnesses such as strep throat and ear, eye, sinus, bladder and bronchial infections. Minor wounds, abrasions, skin conditions and joint sprains are treated, and common vaccinations such as influenza, tetanus, pneumonia and hepatitis A & B are available at most locations. Walk-in camp, sports, and college physicals are available daily. In addition, MinuteClinic administers a series of wellness services designed to help consumers identify lifestyle changes needed to improve their current and future health, including screenings and monitoring for diabetes, high blood pressure and high cholesterol.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV