NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Here are 10 things you should know for Tuesday, June 25:
1. -- U.S. stock futures were pointing to slight gains on Wall Street Tuesday, rebounding from losses in the previous session that were spurned on by further worries over a wind down of the Federal Reserve's stimulus programs.
Stocks in Shanghai, which plunged 5% on Monday after China allowed commercial lending rates to soar, pared losses on Tuesday to finish with a decline of 0.2%. Japan's Nikkei 225 index fell 0.7%.
European shares were posting gains early Tuesday.
2. -- The economic calendar in the U.S. Tuesday includes durable-goods orders for May at 8:30 a.m. EDT, the Case-Shiller 20-city index for April at 9 a.m., consumer confidence for June at 10 a.m., and new-home sales for May at 10 a.m.
3. -- U.S. stocks on Monday tumbled over fears of a Chinese banking crisis and as three Federal Reserve presidents offered competing views about the central bank's plans for the stimulus measures that have helped fuel stocks for more than a year. The S&P 500 lost 1.2% to close at 1,573.09.
4. -- The U.S. increased pressure on Russia to hand over Edward Snowden, who Washington believes is in Moscow waiting for news of an asylum request to Ecuador, Reuters reported. Snowden, the leaker who exposed National Security Agency surveillance programs, left Hong Kong for Sheremetyevo airport on Sunday. Snowden had been expected to fly to Havana from Moscow on Monday and eventually go on to Ecuador, sources told Reuters. But he wasn't seen on an Aeroflot flight that landed in Havana on Monday evening.
5. -- Sprint (S) shareholders vote Tuesday on Softbank's $21.6 billion offer for 78% of the wireless carrier. Dish Network (DISH) last week abandoned its $25.5 billion bid for all of Sprint.
6. -- Ousted Men's Wearhouse (MW) Chairman George Zimmer, the founder of the clothing retailer, could be plotting a comeback, according to a report. Reuters reported that Zimmer is mulling his options, and an attempt to stage a comeback at the company is possible. He is talking to his advisers, including legal counsel Cooley LLP, but a decision isn't imminent, the sources told the news agency. Known for his famous tagline on television commercials: "You're going to like the way you look. I guarantee it," Zimmer, 64 years old, founded the company with his college roommates in 1973 and opened the first store in Houston. As of April, Zimmer owned 3.52% of the company's outstanding shares, the largest insider stake held, according to Bloomberg data.
7. -- Homebuilder Lennar (LEN) is expected by analysts to report on Tuesday fiscal second-quarter earnings of 33 cents a share on revenue of $1.33 billion.
8. -- Cruise-line operator Carnival (CCL) is expected by analysts to report second-quarter profit of 6 cents a share on revenue of $3.55 billion.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV