- Telenor will deploy technology that automatically manages the delivery of Internet traffic over a mobile network, optimizing the experience for customers watching video and accessing web content while ensuring a surge in demand doesn't affect those using the network for other activities.
- Alcatel-Lucent will provide its leading professional services expertise including system architecture, design, planning and end-to-end integration and testing to provide a tailored solution for each of Telenor's markets.
- Alcatel-Lucent's solution automatically adapts video streams to the most suitable format according to a customer's mobile device, location and subscription level. This reduces the amount of bandwidth needed and has the added benefit of enabling a consumer to watch more video within the data quota of their monthly user agreement. It also temporarily stores copies of popular content on local servers to enhance the user experience.
- The mobile Internet optimization solution includes:
- Opera's Skyfire Rocket Controller and Optimizer, virtualized software that optimizes video streams and web in real-time on a per device, user and session basis, thereby improving quality of experience, reducing bandwidth and increasing mobile network capacity.
- ConteXtream's Session Control to manage end-to-end sessions across the network, automatically directing video traffic to Skyfire based on rules or policies decided on by the operator.
- Alcatel-Lucent is providing its Velocix 7810 Transparent Caching to temporarily store popular content closer to subscribers, as well as its 9900 Wireless Network Guardian to monitor service quality and provide network analytics.
- Analyst firm Informa predicts mobile video streaming will represent 34 percent of all global mobile traffic by 2016, presenting a growing challenge for service providers trying to ensure demand for video does not affect service quality and cause mobile subscriber churn.
Telenor Group Selects Alcatel-Lucent To Enhance Mobile Internet Experience In 11 Countries
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.