ADM Australia Holdings II Pty Limited, a wholly owned subsidiary of Archer Daniels Midland Company (NYSE: ADM), today lodged with the Australian Securities and Investments Commission its Bidder’s Statement for an all-cash, off-market takeover offer for GrainCorp Limited (“GrainCorp”). The GrainCorp Board has unanimously recommended shareholders accept the offer, in the absence of a superior offer.
“We believe our offer is highly attractive and in the best interests of shareholders,” said ADM Chairman and CEO Patricia Woertz. “The Independent Expert has assessed the proposal and concluded that it is fair and reasonable, in the absence of a superior proposal.”
“We also believe ADM’s offer will deliver compelling benefits to Australian growers and the agricultural economy through access to new markets, investment in agricultural infrastructure, and its focus on serving the needs of Australian growers,” Woertz added.
Offer detailThe all-cash Offer Price of A$12.20 by ADM, together with illustrative Permitted Dividends of A$1.00 a GrainCorp Share by GrainCorp, represents:
- A 49 percent premium to the last closing price of GrainCorp Shares of A$8.85 on Oct. 18, 2012 – the date of the last undisturbed share price before ADM first approached GrainCorp;
- A 48 percent premium to the one-month, volume-weighted average GrainCorp Share price of A$8.90 up to Oct. 18, 2012; and
- A 44 percent premium to the three-month, volume-weighted average GrainCorp Share price of A$9.14 up to Oct. 18, 2012.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV