Patience and REITs: Best of Kass
Jun 23, 2013 | 11:40 AM EDT
When a trader uses this strategy, then proceeds to use the ratio call spread strategy, I actually don't see anything wrong with this if their thesis for the position remains valid. However, it does require patience, and often folks with a losing position lack this quality and become emotional. Generally, you need to have patience when you are applying a repair strategy or strategy of options to a position. Otherwise you are likely to abandon the trade within a few days of entry. Just be certain to understand the nuisances on any of these approaches before you jump in head-first. At the time of original publication, Collins had no position in the stock mentioned.
Originally published on Friday, June 21 at 11:43 a.m. EDT. By Tim Collins REITs had a strong run up until mid-May. The wall was hit and since then most REITs have sacrificed their entire year-to-date gains, with some even being in the red. Still, there may be opportunity here. My focus is to look at more recent names to come into the REIT market. The following are six names that have been recently introduced or spun off. The list is actually diverse when I take into account there are only six names here. I don't have a favorite in the group, but understand there is risk, since these are newer issues or in a new model.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas