The UnitedHealthcare IRONKIDS Syracuse Fun Run raced around the grounds of Jamesville Beach Park today. UnitedHealthcare mascot “Dr. Health E. Hound” and Linda Goldsworthy, Director, Upstate Market, UnitedHealthcare Community Plan kicked-off the 1-mile course aimed to help stem the rising tide of childhood obesity through exercise and healthy lifestyles.
UnitedHealthcare is sponsoring 10 IRONKIDS events – nine running races and a triathlon – in seven states. Today’s Fun Run included hundreds of young “triathletes to be”, ages 3 to 15. The company provided complimentary tickets to the race and weekend-long IRONMAN activities to local students from East Syracuse-Minoa, Jamesville-Dewitt, Syracuse City Schools, The Spanish Action League, and The Boys and Girls Club of Syracuse, enabling children who often face barriers to good health, to compete in the event.
Children from low-income and low-education households are three-times more likely to suffer from obesity, which is a leading risk factor for diabetes, heart disease and many cancers, according to America’s Health Rankings®, an annual comprehensive assessment of the nation’s health on a state-by-state basis. New York ranks 13th in the country in childhood obesity, and 11% of New York youth are estimated to be obese.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV