Minister Blaney Joins Veterans To View The Korean War Book Of Remembrance
OTTAWA, June 22, 2013 /CNW/ - The Honourable Steven Blaney, Minister of Veterans Affairs and Minister for La Francophonie, and Canadian Korean War Veterans today had an opportunity to view the Korean War Book of Remembrance.
The Korean War Book of Remembrance was on display at the Canadian War Museum to allow Korean War Veterans to view the names of fallen comrades. The book contains the names of 516 Canadians who gave their lives defending freedom during the Korean War from 1950 to 1953.
More than 100 Korean War Veterans from across Canada gathered in Ottawa for a weekend of activities marking the 60 th anniversary of the Korean War Armistice. To officially close the weekend of activities, a commemorative ceremony in honour of Korean War Veterans will be held at the National War Memorial at 11 a.m. on Sunday, June 23, 2013.
For more information on Canada's role in the Korean War, visit veterans.gc.ca .SOURCE Veterans Affairs Canada Image with caption: "Veteran Doug Steer points out to Minister Blaney the name of his brother in the Korean War Book of Remembrance displayed at the Canadian War Museum (CNW Group/Veterans Affairs Canada)". Image available at: http://photos.newswire.ca/images/download/20130622_C2615_PHOTO_EN_28389.jpg
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV