In 2012, Boehringer Ingelheim achieved net sales of about $19.1 billion ( 14.7 billion euro). R&D expenditure in the business area Prescription Medicines corresponds to 22.5 percent of its net sales.
For more information please visit www.us.boehringer-ingelheim.com.
About Eli Lilly and CompanyLilly, a leading innovation-driven corporation, is developing a growing portfolio of pharmaceutical products by applying the latest research from its own worldwide laboratories and from collaborations with eminent scientific organizations. Headquartered in Indianapolis, IN, Lilly provides answers – through medicines and information – for some of the world's most urgent medical needs. Additional information about Lilly is available at www.lilly.com.
About Lilly DiabetesLilly has been a global leader in diabetes care since 1923, when we introduced the world's first commercial insulin. Today we work to meet the diverse needs of people with diabetes through research and collaboration, a broad and growing product portfolio and a continued commitment to providing real solutions – from medicines to support programs and more – to make lives better.For more information, visit www.lillydiabetes.com. P-LLYDIA568104PR This press release contains forward-looking statements about empagliflozin* for the treatment of type 2 diabetes. It reflects Lilly's current beliefs; however, as with any such undertaking, there are substantial risks and uncertainties in the process of drug development and commercialization. There is no guarantee that future study results and patient experience will be consistent with study findings to date or that empagliflozin* will receive regulatory approvals or prove to be commercially successful. For further discussion of these and other risks and uncertainties, please see Lilly's latest Forms 10-Q and 10-K filed with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. Lilly undertakes no duty to update forward-looking statements. CONTACT: Catherine London Associate Director, Public Relations Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Email: email@example.com Phone: (203) 798-4638 Tammy Hull Communications Manager Lilly Diabetes Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: (317) 651-9116 References
- Rosenstock J, et al. Empagliflozin as Add-On to Basal Insulin for 78 Weeks Improves Glycemic Control with Weight Loss in Insulin-Treated Type 2 Diabetes (T2DM). Poster No: 1102-P. Presented at the American Diabetes Association (ADA) 73rd Scientific Sessions ®. June 21-25, Chicago, IL.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. National diabetes fact sheet: national estimates and general information on diabetes and pre-diabetes in the United States, 2011. Atlanta, GA: U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Center for Disease Control and Prevention, 2011.
- International Diabetes Federation. Diabetes Atlas, 5th Edition: Fact Sheet. 2012.
- International Diabetes Federation. IDF Diabetes Atlas, 5th Edition: What is Diabetes? http://www.idf.org/diabetesatlas/5e/what-is-diabetes. Accessed on: June 18, 2013
- American Diabetes Association. Economic costs of diabetes in the U.S. in 2012. Diabetes Care. 2013;36(4):1033-1046.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts