1) Some $4.71 billion worth of the company’s stock is held by ETFs. Why? The company boasts a dividend yield of 3.18%. The burger chain was recently named a Top 25 ”Dividend Giant” by ETF Channel.
3) During the past five years, McDonald’s has returned more than $27 billion to shareholders in buybacks and dividends.
4) McDonald’s the landlord: While the company’s menu strategy gets most of the attention, the chain generates huge real estate rental fees and royalties from its franchisees. That’s steady cash that doesn’t fluctuate all that much.5) That cash is being reinvested in a big way. The company is investing $3.2 billion this year—50% of which will underwrite new 1,500 to 1,600 restaurants in the US, Europe and emerging markets. 6) Corporate critics keep prodding McDonald’s to be more daring with its menu options. It tends to be cautious, and for good reason. Its core products—the Hamburger, Cheeseburger, Chicken Nuggets and the Big Mac--are billion dollar brands that generate 28% of all U.S. sales, according to Jeff Stratton, President of McDonald’s USA.
The post How McDonald's has become such a market force appeared first on Smarter Investing
Covestor Ltd. is a registered investment advisor. Covestor licenses investment strategies from its Model Managers to establish investment models. The commentary here is provided as general and impersonal information and should not be construed as recommendations or advice. Information from Model Managers and third-party sources deemed to be reliable but not guaranteed. Past performance is no guarantee of future results. Transaction histories for Covestor models available upon request. Additional important disclosures available at http://site.covestor.com/help/disclosures. For information about Covestor and its services, go to http://covestor.com or contact Covestor Client Services at (866) 825-3005, x703.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts