Target Canada Donates $50,000 For Alberta Flood Relief
MISSISSAUGA, ON, June 22, 2013 /CNW/ - Target Canada is donating $50,000 to the Canadian Red Cross to assist with flood relief efforts in Alberta.
"Our thoughts are with the people of Calgary and the other affected communities in southern Alberta today. Our hearts go out to all of those impacted by the flooding, and we hope Target can help our neighbours in those communities recover quickly from this disaster," said Tony Fisher, president, Target Canada.
On May 6, Target opened 10 stores in Alberta, including 6 stores in Calgary. The company is dedicated to being a good neighbour in all it does, and donates 5% of its profit to local communities to provide better access to healthy food, active play and education for children and families.
About TargetMinneapolis-based Target Corporation (NYSE: TGT) serves guests at 1,832 stores - 1,784 in the United States and 48 in Canada - and at Target.com. Since 1946, Target has given 5 percent of its profit through community grants and programs; today, that giving equals more than $4 million a week. For more information about Target's commitment to corporate responsibility, visit target.ca/corporateresponsibility. SOURCE Target Canada
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV