CALGARY, June 21, 2013 /PRNewswire/ - Cenovus Energy Inc. (TSX, NYSE: CVE) is donating $1 million to assist with flood relief efforts in southern Alberta. An initial donation of $250,000 will go to the Red Cross for immediate relief efforts. The company will then work with its community partners to determine how best to allocate the remainder of the donation.
"Our thoughts are with everyone across southern Alberta who is impacted by the devastating floods," said Sheila McIntosh, Cenovus Executive Vice-President Environment & Corporate Affairs. "We want to acknowledge the amazing work being done by emergency personnel and other agencies to ensure people remain safe."
If Cenovus employees also choose to donate money to a registered charity, it will be matched by the company up to $25,000 per employee as part of the matching gifts program.
Cenovus Energy Inc.Cenovus Energy Inc. is a Canadian, integrated oil company. It is committed to applying fresh, progressive thinking to safely and responsibly unlock energy resources the world needs. Operations include oil sands projects in northern Alberta, which use specialized methods to drill and pump the oil to the surface, and established natural gas and oil production in Alberta and Saskatchewan. The company also has 50% ownership in two U.S. refineries. Cenovus shares trade under the symbol CVE, and are listed on the Toronto and New York stock exchanges. For more information, visit www.cenovus.com. Find Cenovus on Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin and YouTube. SOURCE Cenovus Energy Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV