Let the sea change come when it comes.
In the meantime...
Prepare yourself psychologically and financially to act. Emotional investment decisions rarely pay off, so don't succumb. Easy to say, hard to do, I know. We at Casey Research understand the fear -- but giving up and selling is the worst thing to do right now. It locks in a loss and leaves one wondering when to buy back in -- if at all. We heard emotional outbursts in late 2008, too - and that was the best time to buy in years, precisely because so many people were giving up.
The bottom line is that we're looking for on-ramps, not exits.The best on-ramps, profitwise, come when most other investors are heading out of a sector. Is that what's happening with gold right now? Is it a dead cat? Or is this a protracted lull... just giving the bull time to catch its breath? Only time will tell for sure -- but investors who wait for the answer will likely miss a once-in-a-lifetime profit opportunity that could be life changing. Don't be among those investors. Casey Research and TheStreet have teamed up to bring you an online webinar that will help you position yourself properly in the precious metals. GOLD: Dead Cat or Raging Bull? features experts, including Eric Sprott, Steven Feldman, Jim Cramer and Doug Casey. They'll address what's going on with gold today and what investors need to do to be well-positioned for tomorrow, including specific, actionable advice. This free webinar is a must-see event. Clear your calendar for Tuesday, June 25, at 2 p.m. EDT -- you can't afford to miss it. Get the details and register now. This article was written by an independent contributor, separate from TheStreet's regular news coverage.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV