So it would stand to reason that should some unexpectedly good news come out, and short sellers did not have 16 days of patience but instead wanted to cover their short positions very suddenly, that situation could result in sending the stock higher until the higher price produces enough sellers to generate the necessary volume to close out those positions quickly.
Greenway Medical Technologies, Inc. (GWAY) has something relatively rare for a stock with this much short interest, that being insiders taking the other side of the trade. Looking back over the trailing six month period, GWAY has seen 2 different instances of insider buying, as summarized by the table below:
|02/15/2013||Robert Z. Hensley||Director||2,000||$14.93||$29,860.00|
Below is a chart showing the "days to cover" for GWAY over time:And looking at the chart below, GWAY's low point in its 52 week range is $11.02 per share, with $19.65 as the 52 week high point — that compares with a last trade of $11.40.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV