CALGARY, June 21, 2013 /CNW/ - CIBC (TSX: CM) (NYSE: CM) announced today it is donating $100,000 to the Canadian Red Cross to help relief efforts following the severe flooding in Alberta.
"We are all devastated by the severity of the flood and the damage it has created. The people of southern Alberta need our help and assistance as they recover from this disaster," said Jim Prentice, Senior Executive Vice-President and Vice Chairman, CIBC. "We are joining our clients and employees as well as others across Canada in supporting the Canadian Red Cross relief efforts to provide for the needs of so many who have been affected."
CIBC encourages clients directly affected by the flooding to contact CIBC to discuss options available to help them with mortgage payments and credit products while they recover from this disaster. With flooding expected to continue, many evacuated families may be away from their homes for an extended period and without an income for weeks.
CIBC's branches across the country will also be joining in the relief effort by collecting donations for the Canadian Red Cross.About CIBC CIBC is committed to supporting causes that matter to our clients, employees and our communities. We aim to make a difference in communities through corporate donations, sponsorships and the volunteer spirit of employees. With a strategic focus on Kids, Cures and Community, and employee commitment to causes including the Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation CIBC Run for the Cure, the CIBC Children's Foundation and United Way, we are investing in the social and economic development of communities across the country. In 2012, CIBC group of companies contributed more than $38 million to charitable and non-profit initiatives in Canada to support national, regional and local organizations. To learn more, visit www.cibc.com. SOURCE CIBC
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV