CHICAGO, June 21, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- In an industry focused primarily on discrete healthcare solutions, Allscripts (NASDAQ: MDRX), in partnership with lead clients, is defining the next generation of Population Health Management solutions.
At a gathering of financial and industry analysts at the Center for Connected Medicine (CCM) in Pittsburgh on Tuesday, Allscripts President and Chief Executive Officer Paul Black outlined the company's strategy, powered by dbMotion and its patient portal FollowMyHealth ™, for the future of Population Health Management. As part of this, Allscripts intends to be a catalyst to move the industry from a fee-for-service approach to healthcare to a value-based care approach, which focuses on clients' needs for reduced healthcare costs, improved health outcomes and improved quality outcomes.
Demonstrating real solutions in action, Dr. Rasu Shrestha, Vice President, Medical Information Technology at UPMC, a founding member of the CCM, and John Glynn, Senior Vice President and Chief Information Officer with Unity Health System, shared examples of how Allscripts technology, analytics and population health solutions are helping them improve healthcare and community treatment protocols at their respective organizations. A replay of the presentations is available on the Investor Relations page of allscripts.com here.
"We are at a tipping point in the industry," Black said. "We are beginning to see tremendous pull through from patients, clinicians and hospitals for the kinds of rich informatics and insights enabled by open solutions geared toward keeping patients healthy and reducing overall cost. We look at Population Health Management in three dimensions: enabling innovation and technology solutions on an open, community-wide platform, partnering with clients to ensure rapid adoption, and supporting the fundamental redesign in care enabled by Population Health Management."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV