RICHMOND, Va., June 21, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Dominion's philanthropy team has a new leader. Hunter Applewhite has been named president of The Dominion Foundation and director of community affairs.
"The Dominion Foundation is a long-standing supporter and benefactor of the communities we serve," said Robert M. Blue, Dominion senior vice president of Law, Public Policy and Environment. " Hunter Applewhite will lead our highly capable and community-minded team that manages Dominion's broad array of philanthropic initiatives."
Applewhite was associate director of the Richmond Community Foundation before joining Dominion in 1996. In addition to his new duties, he will continue leading the company's advertising and public relations programs. He is a magna cum laude graduate of Washington and Lee University.
Last year Dominion and the Dominion Foundation awarded more than $21 million in grants to hundreds of non-profit organizations and events, including $1.5 million to match employee donations. The Dominion Foundation supports a wide variety of charitable causes with specific emphasis on projects that protect the environment, develop educational opportunities, provide for basic human needs and promote community vitality.For more information on the Dominion Foundation please visit: https://www.dom.com/about/community/charitable-giving-and-the-dominion-foundation.jsp. Dominion (NYSE: D) is one of the nation's largest producers and transporters of energy, with a portfolio of approximately 27,000 megawatts of generation. Dominion operates one of the nation's largest natural gas storage systems and serves retail energy customers in 15 states. For more information about Dominion, visit the company's website at www.dom.com. Save time, energy and postage by enrolling in Dominion's eBill paperless billing program at: https://www.dom.com/find-it-fast/payment-options/paperless-billing.jsp SOURCE Dominion Virginia Power
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV