The Phoenix-based shopping-center real estate investment trust became the seventh REIT this year to list on the "big stage."
Like many REITs these days, Cole began as a nonlisted REIT. The company's CEO, Chris Cole, has now fulfilled his dream and strategic mission: to provide investors with planned and full-cycle liquidity.
Other REITs that have recently listed in a similar nonlisted to listed conversion include Chambers Street Group (CSG), Healthcare Trust of America (HTA) and American Realty Capital Trust, now owned by Realty Income (O).Upon listing today, Cole will be one of the largest publicly traded triple-net sector REITs, with more than $7.7 billion in gross assets. The company has a current total capitalization of around $8.59 billion and a market capitalization of $5.13 billion. (NNN), have been victimized by the broader dividend REIT selloff. Cole opened today at $10.90 per share, and by midday the shares had traded down to $10.23. Not only is the market afraid of the rising interest rates that are affecting all income-driven stocks, it's also trying to figure out where Cole will be valued and how the advisory platform (part of the blended investment strategy) is valued. Although a small fraction of Cole's overall income, the advisory (fee-based) model is new, and it will be interesting to see how the market reacts to it. W.P. Carey (WPC) has a similar model that has been more widely accepted and that could alleviate some fear or concerns.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV