NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- TheStreet's Gregg Greenberg spoke to Bill Smead, portfolio manager of the Smead Value Investor Fund, about some of his favorite stock picks.
Franklin Resources (BEN) is a stock that Smead continues to watch, saying the lower it goes the more interested he becomes.
Due to the large exposure to foreign bonds and emerging markets, it's no surprise Franklin is selling off amid violent global volatility in nearly all asset classes.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV