Check out Jim Cramer's latest trading recommendations on "Action Alerts Plus".
(Updates from 10:32 a.m. ET with closing information.)
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Here's what Jim Cramer had to say on CNBC's "Squawk On The Street" Monday.
Isis Pharmaceuticals (ISIS) rose on positive news regarding one of its diabetes drugs, which is always a good thing Cramer said. Investors sparked ISIS 29.2% higher to $6.43.
FBR Capital upgraded Advanced Micro Devices (AMD). Cramer agreed. "I like this call" based on the upcoming videogame cycle, he said. AMD was up 1.3% to $4.05.There has been a lot of spending in communications, according to Cramer, who said Xilinx (XLNX) is a very good stock. XLNX was down nearly 1% to $38.61. Nike (NKE) reports earnings this week, but Cramer was downbeat on the stock, citing its Chinese exposure. NKE fell 1% to $59.95. Google (GOOG) might be a name investors want to be in should the market rebound, according to Cramer. He added, "The fundamentals are great at Google." GOOG ended the day at $869.79, down 1.3%. Whirlpool (WHR) has been a solid way to play the U.S. housing recovery, but has more recently been linked to Brazil, which is all of a sudden "toxic," Cramer said. WHR closed down 1.4% at $111.77. To sign up for Jim Cramer's free Booyah! newsletter, with all of his latest articles and videos, please click here. -- Written by Bret Kenwell in Petoskey, Mich. Follow @BretKenwell
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV