Rackspace® Hosting (NYSE: RAX), the open cloud company, today announced that its recently acquired ObjectRocket Database as a Service (DBaaS) has entered into a strategic agreement with 10gen, the MongoDB company. Through this collaboration, Rackspace and 10gen will deliver the market’s first purpose-built cloud platform for MongoDB.
“By aligning efforts with 10gen, we are establishing the defacto standard for MongoDB with ObjectRocket and creating a dream team that will set the pace of innovation in the market,” said John Engates, CTO at Rackspace. “With our combined expertise, we are uniquely positioned to help developers easily architect, build and deliver projects faster than ever, while making it easy to run large-scale MongoDB deployments.”
ObjectRocket, part of Rackspace’s Hybrid Cloud portfolio, delivers an open source-based MongoDB DBaaS. Through its RocketScale™ technology, ObjectRocket offers auto-scaling features, allowing customers to grow their MongoDB implementations from single replica set deployments to large, complex clusters in seconds. With multiple redundant network routes located near major peering points, almost any other cloud service is only a few milliseconds away, making the process of connecting to ObjectRocket simple and fast for customers.
The joint effort between Rackspace’s ObjectRocket and 10gen will feature:
- Sales Collaboration – 10gen and Rackspace will work together on sales and marketing initiatives to promote the ObjectRocket solution to customers worldwide.
- Technical Support – Rackspace will provide first and second line support, with 10gen offering escalation support for ObjectRocket customers using 10gen’s MongoDB solutions.
- Seamless Provisioning –10gen customers can quickly provision ObjectRocket instances directly from the 10gen download page.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts