After yesterday's big sell-off and massive IV spike, many traders are adjusting positions and/or licking some wounds. Pin potential (that magnetic 'draw' of a stock price toward a strike with very large open interest) is seen in a few names where total OI is large relative to average daily stock volume. Some traders like to sell straddles or strangles in the morning, to be closed out in the last hour as shares may pull toward the pin strike.
Of these, I like the DISH Network (DISH) straddle ($0.70 bid this morning) because the product is liquid enough to trade. United Parcel Service (UPS) is also decent at $0.48 bid and good liquidity.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV