NEWPORT NEWS, Va., June 21, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Barb Niland of Huntington Ingalls Industries (NYSE:HII) received a Virginia Business CFO Award on Thursday. Niland, HII's corporate vice president of business management and chief financial officer, was recognized in the publicly traded companies category.
A photo accompanying this release is available at http://media.globenewswire.com/hii/mediagallery.html?pkgid=19484
"I am honored to work with more than 37,000 of the most talented shipbuilders in the world," Niland said upon receiving the award at the eighth annual CFO Awards Banquet in Richmond. "I am truly honored and humbled to receive such recognition."Niland is the CFO of the largest manufacturing employer in Virginia and one of the state's 23 Fortune 500 companies. She led HII's spin-off from Northrop Grumman Corp. in 2011 and successfully transitioned from a business unit CFO to a public company CFO. "Barb was also responsible for building HII's corporate finance team from scratch," said HII President and CEO Mike Petters. "She had to hire a lot of new people or bring people along and put them in jobs they had not ever been in before. They haven't missed a beat, and that's a tribute to her competence and her skill as a leader. There aren't many CFOs out there like her, and we at HII are lucky to have her." Prior to this position, Niland served as vice president of business management and CFO for Northrop Grumman Shipbuilding (2008-2011) and Northrop Grumman Newport News (2004-2008). She began her career at Westinghouse (later becoming Northrop Grumman Electronic Systems) in 1979 and held a number of financial and business management positions before joining Northrop Grumman Newport News.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV