The move is expected to take place on July 15 and is subject to approval of the exchange. Oracle, which will continue trading under its ticker symbol "ORCL," said its board determined that the transfer "would be in the best interests of its stockholders, customers and partners."
With a market capitalization of $156.4 billion as of Thursday's close, Oracle's move would be the NYSE' largest market transfer listing in history, the exchange said.
Oracle has traded on the Nasdaq since 1986. It will be the fourth Nasdaq-listed company to move to the NYSE in the past year.
Russian oil firm Rosneft has agreed to supply oil to China in a deal valued at $270 billion. Rosneft will supply China with 300,000 barrels per day over 25 years, doubling the 300,000 barrels per day it already supplies to the country and making China Russia's largest market for oil. According to Russian President Vladimir Putin, Rosneft will receive about $70 billion in upfront payments from China. The deal will help Rosneft reduce debts it acquired after it took over TNK-BP in a $55 billion cash-and-stock deal. That acquisition made Russia a top global oil producer by output.
Darden Restaurants (DRI) reported better-than-expected quarterly sales on improving traffic, but profit missed Wall Street expectations. The parent of restaurants Olive Garden and Red Lobster said comparable sales rose 2.2% for the period ended May 26, as the company employed lower-priced offerings and promotions in order to lure in customers. Darden said it earned $133.2 million, or $1.01 a share, down from $151.2 million, or $1.15 a share, a year ago. Excluding items, earnings were $1.02 ashare, falling slightly short of analyst expectations for earnings of $1.03. A 15% increase in costs and expenses weighed on the company's profits.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV