NYSE Euronext will host its 26 th annual NYSE Teachers Workshop beginning Monday, June 24, 2013. The annual program, in conjunction with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission's (SEC) Office of Investor Education and Advocacy, helps approximately 200 teachers from across the United States educate students on the financial marketplace and its importance in their lives and the global economy. For the past two years, the program has provided fellowship grants to enable under-resourced teachers to participate in the program, with 47 fellowships awarded for 2013. Teachers who successfully complete the NYSE Teachers Workshops can acquire post-baccalaureate academic credit from St. Francis College, in Brooklyn, New York.
“Given our position at the center of the global financial markets, we are committed to providing resources that promote financial education within our local and global communities," said Michelle Greene, Head of Corporate Responsibility at NYSE Euronext. “Bringing the financial markets to the classroom through our NYSE Teachers Workshop is one of many ways we demonstrate this commitment."
The NYSE Teachers Workshop is designed to give educators a thorough understanding of the capital-raising process, market structure and technology, financial products and regulation. Three business courses provide the foundation for this program including: Financial Markets and the Global Economy; SEC and Financial Markets; and Advanced Workshop in Financial Markets.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV