COMEX Gold for August delivery was rising $4.70 to $1,290.90 an ounce. The gold price traded as high as 1,301.70 and as low as $1,268.70 an ounce.
"A pullback below these last levels would release significant downside towards the support around 1,228 to 1,237, 1,160 to 1,180 and 1,084 to 1,102," Natixis wrote in its Friday research. "Resistance levels are located at around 1,347 to 1,360, 1,393 to 1,400 and 1,420 to 1,423."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV