Despite meeting analysts' earnings expectations, announcing a dividend hike and an extension to its share buyback program, Oracle reported disappointing and revenue growth. Oracle was also the most active pre-market Nasdaq stock on share volume of 3,335,828.
The Menlo Park, Calif.-based firm was another active pre-market Nasdaq stock on share volume of 654,554.Micron Technology (MU) was another pre-market riser, adding 1.74% to reach $13.77, while Sirius XM (SIRI) rose 1.25% to $3.31. Shares of Cisco, which announced a deal to acquire data virtualization Composite Software on Thursday, dipped 0.68% to $24.27. --Written by James Rogers in New York. Follow @jamesjrogers >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV