FRANKLIN LAKES, N.J., June 21, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- BD Medical, a segment of BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company) (NYSE: BDX), a leading global medical technology company, announced today the U.S. launch of the BD Ultra-Fine™ Nano™ 4mm Pen Needle with EasyFlow™ Technology. EasyFlow Technology makes it easier and faster for people with diabetes to give themselves their daily insulin injections. Product demonstrations will be taking place in the BD booth at the American Diabetes Association 73rd Scientific Sessions on June 21 – 25, 2013 in Chicago.
Insulin is a life-saving drug for those unable to regulate their blood sugar levels. For many people with diabetes, this means they will take the medication for the rest of their lives, often with multiple injections per day. People with diabetes recognize the impact of BD's latest innovation on their daily injection experience, with a majority preferring BD Ultra-Fine Nano 4mm Pen Needles with EasyFlow Technology to their current pen needle on all three of the leading insulin pen brands. In a clinical study published in Clinical Therapeutics, 61% of patients reported they needed less thumb force to inject, and 49% of patients reported less time to inject than with their usual pen needle. BD is able to deliver this improved performance by increasing the space inside the needle while maintaining industry leading gauge size – increasing the flow rate in controlled laboratory testing by up to 149% versus competitive pen needles.
The launch of EasyFlow Technology is the latest example of BD's commitment to improving injections for people with diabetes. It follows BD's recent launch of PentaPoint™ Comfort, a patented 5-bevel needle tip clinically proven to enhance comfort. Both of these innovations are now included in BD's shortest and thinnest pen needle, the BD Ultra-Fine Nano 4mm Pen Needle.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV