Designing Digitally, Inc. Partners With Rutgers University (Formerly UMDNJ) To Develop An Interactive 3D Serious Game For Learning.
FRANKLIN, Ohio, June 20, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Designing Digitally, Inc., a full-service interactive design company, has partnered with Rutgers University (formerly The University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey) to create an interactive serious game utilizing the award-winning Unity3D development platform that will allow learners to edit virtual homes to be barrier free. Rutgers Professor Dr. Karen Huhn is spearheading this effort in collaboration with the team at Designing Digitally, Inc. When talking about this effort, Dr. Huhn stated, "This serious game will provide the opportunity to practice a skill (home assessment) in several simulated environments in a fun, interactive manner."
This effort will allow students to interact with elements within virtual homes so they can be converted into barrier free living spaces. The learners will be able to walk throughout the virtual homes and select features of the home that need to be remodeled to be fully accessible. For instance, in some of the homes learners will be able to change the height of the countertops or even change the width of the doorways to accommodate a person who uses a wheelchair.
Andrew Hughes, President of Designing Digitally, Inc., indicated that they "...partnered to create this serious game because it is a skill that is difficult to teach in traditional classroom format. Using 3D gaming allows us to simulate multiple home environments in real time and allows the learner to test his or her strategy in a safe, cost effective way that could not be done in the traditional classroom setting."Once completed, the 3D serious game will be available for purchase from OpenSesame for integration into school's learning management systems. The game will be available sometime during the fall of 2013.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV