KANSAS CITY, Mo., June 20, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Children's Mercy Hospital and Clinics will open a 15,000 square foot, on-site health and wellness center for its more than 6,000 employees and their spouses and domestic partners this fall. The Children's Mercy Employee Wellness Center will offer primary and urgent care, as well as laboratory and pharmacy services, six days a week.
"The Employee Wellness Center is a valuable investment in our employees," said Randall O'Donnell, PhD, President and Chief Executive Officer at Children's Mercy. "Children's Mercy employees focus their energy and talent to care for our patients. We want them to know their health is important too. This is a great option to ensure they have convenient access to quality, affordable health care."
The health and wellness center will be a medical home for individuals who use it. Everything in the design of the new Wellness Center is personalized and focused around creating a quality health care experience, including:
- A whole health approach. Providers will not only treat immediate needs, but will focus on the total health and wellness of each employee. Providers will do routine lab tests at each appointment and can help employees manage chronic health conditions like diabetes and low back pain.
- No waiting rooms. Employees simply check in and go straight to a care suite to see a provider.
- Online access. Employees can access their health information, schedule appointments, request refills and interact with their providers in a secure, online patient portal.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV