Globus Medical, Inc. (NYSE: GMED), a leading spinal implant manufacturer, today announced the launch of LATIS™, a minimally invasive (MIS) lumbar interbody fusion spacer for patients suffering from degenerative disc disease. The implant may be inserted through an MIS transforaminal lumbar interbody fusion (TLIF) approach and expands laterally to provide a footprint and graft volume equivalent to an anterior lumbar interbody fusion (ALIF) spacer or lateral lumbar interbody fusion (LLIF) spacer.
The LATIS™ spacer provides a large stable footprint and a substantial graft window, benefits typical of an ALIF or LLIF spacer, without requiring anterior access or nerve monitoring, and allows for direct decompression of nerve roots via the MIS TLIF approach. The 10mm-wide titanium implant can be inserted posteriorly and can expand in-situ up to 26mm square, offering the largest single bone graft chamber for any posterior implant on the market. Designed to reduce subsidence and migration, the spacer has a locking set screw that secures deployment at any position within the expansion range.
The LATIS™ system includes customized disc preparation and sizing instruments to simplify the procedure for an efficient MIS TLIF approach. The system includes a variety of footprints, heights, and lordotic configurations, for a customized fit for each patient. A single instrument is used for insertion, expansion, locking, and bone graft delivery.
“This new addition to our MIS portfolio is the first expandable implant on the market to offer the benefits of a traditional anterior implant, without the two-part disruptive surgical procedure. Combined with posterior stabilization using our REVOLVE® MIS pedicle screw system, the entire procedure is designed and intended to maximize preservation of the stabilizing muscles of the lower back,” commented Andrew Iott, Senior Vice President, Global Product Development.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV