ROCHESTER, N.Y., June 20, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Document Security Systems, Inc. (NYSE MKT: DSS), a leading developer of anti-counterfeiting, anti-fraud and authentication technologies for governments, corporations and financial institutions, announced today that DSS stockholders voted in favor of the merger of DSS and Lexington Technology Group (LTG).
The detailed voting results of the June 20, 2013 Special Meeting of Stockholders will be contained in a form 8k to be filed with the SEC on June 21, 2013.
"We are pleased with the results of the vote and thank our stockholders for their support," stated Document Security Systems' Chief Executive Officer, Robert Bzdick. "We believe that DSS combined with LTG creates a unique value proposition as an operating business in the IP monetization and technology space. We look forward to completing the merger shortly and capitalizing on the combined resources of the two companies."
DSS anticipates closing the transaction on or around July 1, 2013. The combined entity, which will trade on the NYSE MKT exchange under the symbol "DSS," will be managed by an executive team led by Chief Executive Officer, Jeff Ronaldi. The members of the board of directors will be designated by DSS and LTG.About Document Security Systems, Inc. Document Security Systems, Inc.'s (NYSE MKT: DSS) products and solutions are used by governments, corporations and financial institutions to defeat counterfeiting and fraud and protect brands and digital information from the expanding world-wide counterfeiting problem. DSS continually invests in research and development to meet the ever changing security needs of the Company's clients and implements these patented solutions through strategic licensing and through the Company's four operating groups: DSS Plastics Group, DSS Secure Printing Group, DSS Packaging Group and DSS Digital Group.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV