Teck Resources Names New Chief Operating Officer
By The Associated Press
Canadian mining company Teck Resources Ltd. said Thursday that it appointed Ian Kilgour as executive vice president and chief operating officer.
Kilgour worked most recently as the senior vice president of its coal business, a position he has held since 2011. He has over 30 years of experience in the mining industry. Prior to joining Teck, he was President and CEO of Compania Minera Antamina, a mining company in Peru. He has served in senior positions at several other mining companies.
He will be responsible for all of Teck's mining operations and joint ventures in its steelmaking coal, copper and zinc business units.Teck also appointed Dale Andres as senior vice president of its copper business. Andres joined the company in 1995 and worked most recently as vice president of its copper strategy and North American operations. He succeeds Roger Higgins, who is retiring after five years at Teck and more than 35 years in the mining industry. Teck shares traded on the New York Stock Exchange fell 70 cents, or 3.1 percent, to $21.70, amid a broader market drop. Its shares are near the bottom of its 52-week trading range of $20.92 to $38.57.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV