- Revised Sprint Offer is in Best Interest of Unaffiliated Stockholders
- Changes Previous Recommendation to Against DISH Tender Offer of $4.40 Per Share
- Company Plans to Adjourn June 24 Special Meeting of Stockholders; Rescheduled Meeting to be Held on July 8
BELLEVUE, Wash., June 20, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Clearwire Corporation (Nasdaq:CLWR) ("Clearwire" or the "Company") today announced that its board of directors, based on the unanimous recommendation of the Special Committee consisting of independent, non-Sprint-affiliated directors, recommended that stockholders accept a revised offer from Sprint (NYSE:S) to acquire the approximately 50 percent stake in the Company it does not currently own for $5.00 per share, valuing Clearwire at more than $14 billion, or $0.30 per MHZ pop.
As such, the board of directors present unanimously recommended that stockholders vote FOR the proposed transaction with Sprint and all other proposals set forth in the proxy statement, and not tender any shares of Class A common stock pursuant to the DISH Network ("DISH") tender offer.
"The Clearwire board and special committee have determined that the $5.00 per share transaction with Sprint represents the best path forward for the company and is in the best interest of our unaffiliated stockholders," said Erik Prusch, President and CEO of Clearwire. "The amended agreement with Sprint clearly acknowledges the significant value present in Clearwire – from our deep portfolio of wireless spectrum to the tremendous amount of progress the Clearwire team has made in improving our operations and beginning the construction of our next-generation 4G LTE network."Clearwire noted that the revised offer from Sprint provides attractive and certain value to unaffiliated stockholders. The proposed $5.00 per share offer price equates to a total payment to Clearwire minority stockholders of approximately $3.9 billion, and represents a:
- 47% premium over Sprint's prior offer of $3.40; and
- 14% premium over DISH's tender offer.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV