IRVINE, Calif., June 20, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Sanuk, a division of Deckers Outdoor Corporation (NASDAQGS: DECK), celebrated the grand opening of Sender One Climbing, the first-ever indoor rock climbing gym owned and designed by Sanuk ambassador and world-renowned rock climber, Chris Sharma. With the official opening taking place on Saturday, June 15, the Santa Ana, Calif. gym celebrated with the help of Sanuk ambassadors and world-class climbers Sierra Blair-Coyle and Daila Ojeda to reveal its new state-of-the-art climbing walls.
Sanuk's production team, a Fur Real Production, known for its video interviews with athletes, ambassadors and all-things-Sanuk, was there to capture the excitement as Sender One members got the chance to climb with some of the best climbers in the world, including Sharma himself. Created by Sharma, Sanuk played an integral role in the design of Sender One Climbing with its iconic astro turf material surrounding several walls. With Sanuk's fun and funky designs, the gym features state-of-the-art facilities in both rock climbing and yoga, and boasts walls twice the size and height of any other indoor climbing facility in the county. Sanuk has been with Sharma every step of the way, featuring a series of videos by a Fur Real Production that documented the development of Sender One. Click here to see the latest video featuring the official launch.
"Opening up my own gym was something I've wanted to do for a long time," Sharma said. "With the help and support of Sanuk, we've managed to create a unique, fun atmosphere that climbers of all levels can enjoy and be challenged. It's just surreal that after everyone's hard work, it's finally open and I get to see people come in and climb. I couldn't be more proud of this place."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV