In trading on Thursday, shares of Varian Medical Systems, Inc. (VAR) crossed below their 200 day moving average of $68.18, changing hands as low as $67.14 per share. Varian Medical Systems, Inc. shares are currently trading off about 2.1% on the day. The chart below shows the one year performance of VAR shares, versus its 200 day moving average:
Looking at the chart above, VAR's low point in its 52 week range is $52.90 per share, with $75.78 as the 52 week high point — that compares with a last trade of $67.32.
According to the ETF Finder at ETF Channel, VAR makes up 3.36% of the iShares Dow Jones U.S. Medical Devices Index Fund ETF (IHI) which is trading lower by about 1.7% on the day Thursday.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV