PARK RIDGE, N.J., June 20, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The Hertz Corporation ( NYSE: HTZ), the world's largest general use car rental brand, recently earned top honors with three separate car rental industry influencers. For the second consecutive year, Hertz and its Gold Plus Rewards program swept the FlyerTalk Awards, garnering top honors for Best Rewards Program and Outstanding Benefits in the Americas, Europe/ Africa and Middle East/Oceania; in Trip Advisor's first car rental survey, U.S.-based travelers chose Hertz as the favorite brand of car rental in the 2013 Travelers' Choice Awards for Travel Favorites. Hertz was also chosen as the number one best rental company in Christopher Elliott's list of six best rental companies of 2013.
"Hertz prides itself on providing superior customer service and value with our innovative products and services, such as our robust and rewarding loyalty program," commented Hertz Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Mark P. Frissora. "Being recognized yet again by the influential members of FlyerTalk for our Gold Plus Rewards program, and being selected as the 'favorite' and 'best' car rental company in the industry by travelers across the U.S., is a testament to our intense focus on giving our customers the fastest, easiest and most valued car rental experience."
Hertz's Gold Plus Rewards program received top honors at the FlyerTalk Awards for the past two years in a row. FlyerTalk is a community of nearly 500,000 business and leisure travelers dedicated to finding and sharing elite-level knowledge of air, hotel and car rental programs. The FlyerTalk Best Program award signifies the finest combination of value, ease-of-redemption and customer service.Hertz was chosen by U.S.-based travelers as the favorite brand of car rental in the 2013 TripAdvisor's Travelers' Choice Awards for Travel Favorites. The survey, conducted by the popular website, recognizes brands travelers prefer to have with them on their trips. Travelers in the U.K., France, Italy and Spain also named Hertz as their favorite car rental/car hire agency. And, this year, Hertz earned the top spot on Christopher Elliot's List of Best Car Rental Companies. Elliot is a consumer advocate, multimedia journalist and customer service expert known for his practical advice and creative solutions to customer-service problems. His informal "lists" are formed through an online nomination process and voted on by consumers through a poll on his website. Hertz is committed to providing its customers speed, ease and value with technological innovations and personalized service. " Traveling at the Speed of Hertz" offers a variety of unique customer enhancements, which include:
Carfirmation: Hertz's mobile email/SMS text service – Mobile Gold Alerts -- that confirm a Gold customer's reservation and advises them of their car location.
- Carfirmation Upgrade: Hertz Carfirmations also shows other available cars and upgrades and lets members select the one they want – all on their mobile device in three simple steps.
- Choose Control: Hertz Gold Choice gives the customer the power to keep the car they reserved or simply choose another, something no other car rental brand offers.
- Zap Technology: Hertz's Gold enrollment and e-Return is the fastest way to get customers in their cars and when they return, back on their way home. Hertz will email the customer's receipt in a flash.
- Acceler-Rental: Hertz is the first car rental company to now offer both airport and neighborhood location customers the ability to rent cars through a live face-to-face video kiosk with Hertz ExpressRent™ kiosks.
Mobile Apps: As consumers are looking to mobile technologies as a way to take back control of their travel experience, from on-the-go bookings to instant upgrades.
- Hertz Mobile App: Book, modify and search car rental reservations, find locations, and browse special deals and offers all from the palm of your hand.
- Hertz NeverLost My Explore App: Users can plan their itinerary and navigate popular cities all on their smart phone and import it into a calendar or to the award-winning Hertz NeverLost ® GPS.
- Hertz on Demand™ Mobile App: Members have 24/7 access to a variety of vehicles when and where they need them with the ability to reserve a car or modify an existing reservation and view upcoming and previous reservations.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV