Aetna (NYSE: AET) today announced that it has received a Platinum Award as 2013 Best Employer for Healthy Lifestyles from the National Business Group on Health. Since the recognition program began in 2005, Aetna has received the platinum award seven times and the gold award once for establishing “healthy weight, healthy lifestyles” programs with measurable documented outcomes.
“At Aetna, we believe promoting healthy lifestyles in the workplace is an investment in our employees and our business,” said Deanna Fidler, Aetna’s senior vice president and head of Human Resources. “We are committed to developing new and innovative ways to help our employees, their families and our customers live healthier lives.”
Aetna offers employees and their families an assortment of wellness programs and tools to educate and motivate them to make better decisions about their health. These include:
- Get Active Aetna, a popular 16-week wellness program that offers prizes to motivate employees to eat healthy and exercise;
- Healthy Lifestyles Incentive program, which offers financial incentives for exercising and eating healthy;
- Metabolic Syndrome program, which measures employees’ risk for certain conditions, such as cardiovascular disease and diabetes; and
- Virtual Wellness Center, a computer-based resource that offers a virtual kitchen and a virtual fitness center, where animated instructors lead workouts that vary by intensity.
Helen Darling, president and CEO of the National Business Group on Health, commented: “We are proud to honor Aetna for its ongoing commitment to providing lifestyle improvement programs that encourage healthy lifestyles for their employees. Aetna is among an elite group of organizations that are leading the way to promoting healthy workplaces and lifestyles. Aetna and its management team should be proud of their commitment to their program and we congratulate them on receiving this award.”
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts