4 Hold-Rated Dividend Stocks: RIG, RPAI, IVR, VCI
Invesco Mortgage Capital (NYSE: IVR) shares currently have a dividend yield of 14.00%. Invesco Mortgage Capital Inc., a real estate investment trust (REIT), focuses on investing in, financing, and managing residential and commercial mortgage-backed securities and mortgage loans. It invests in residential mortgage-backed securities for which a U.S. The company has a P/E ratio of 6.62. The average volume for Invesco Mortgage Capital has been 1,935,000 shares per day over the past 30 days. Invesco Mortgage Capital has a market cap of $2.5 billion and is part of the real estate industry. Shares are down 8.1% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. TheStreet Ratings rates Invesco Mortgage Capital as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, attractive valuation levels and increase in net income. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including feeble growth in the company's earnings per share and disappointing return on equity. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- IVR's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 12.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 13.4%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- The gross profit margin for INVESCO MORTGAGE CAPITAL INC is currently very high, coming in at 92.70%. Regardless of IVR's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, IVR's net profit margin of 53.49% significantly outperformed against the industry.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, INVESCO MORTGAGE CAPITAL INC has outperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500.
- INVESCO MORTGAGE CAPITAL INC's earnings per share declined by 11.1% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. Earnings per share have declined over the last two years. We anticipate that this should continue in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, INVESCO MORTGAGE CAPITAL INC reported lower earnings of $2.89 versus $3.45 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 13.5% in earnings ($2.50 versus $2.89).
- You can view the full Invesco Mortgage Capital Ratings Report.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV