Editor's Note: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model.TheStreet Ratings' stock model projects a stock's total return potential over a 12-month period including both price appreciation and dividends. Our Buy, Hold or Sell ratings designate how we expect these stocks to perform against a general benchmark of the equities market and interest rates.
While plenty of high-yield opportunities exist, investors must always consider the safety of their dividend and the total return potential of their investment. It is not uncommon for a struggling company to suspend high-yielding dividends and subsequently result in precipitous share price declines.
TheStreet Ratings' stock rating model views dividends favorably, but not so much that other factors are disregarded. Our model gauges the relationship between risk and reward in several ways, including: the pricing drawdown as compared to potential profit volatility, i.e. how much one is willing to risk in order to earn profits?; the level of acceptable volatility for highly performing stocks; the current valuation as compared to projected earnings growth; and the financial strength of the underlying company as compared to its stock's valuation as compared to its stock's performance.
These and many more derived observations are then combined, ranked, weighted, and scenario-tested to create a more complete analysis. The result is a systematic and disciplined method of selecting stocks. As always, stock ratings should not be treated as gospel — rather, use them as a starting point for your own research.
The following pages contain our analysis of 5 stocks with substantial yields, that ultimately, we have rated "Hold."Full Circle Capital Corp BDC (NASDAQ:FULL) shares currently have a dividend yield of 11.60%. Full Circle Capital Corporation is a business development company and operates as an externally managed non-diversified closed-end management investment company. The company has a P/E ratio of 47.06.The average volume for Full Circle Capital Corp BDC has been 63,000 shares per day over the past 30 days. Full Circle Capital Corp BDC has a market cap of $60.6 million and is part of the financial services industry. Shares are up 7.7% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday.TheStreet Ratings rates Full Circle Capital Corp BDC as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, expanding profit margins and increase in stock price during the past year. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity and weak operating cash flow.Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 6.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 7.8%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- The gross profit margin for FULL CIRCLE CAPITAL CORP is rather high; currently it is at 61.90%. Regardless of FULL's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, FULL's net profit margin of 49.15% significantly outperformed against the industry.
- Compared to where it was 12 months ago, the stock is up, but it has so far lagged the appreciation in the S&P 500. We feel that the combination of its price rise over the last year and its current price-to-earnings ratio relative to its industry tend to reduce its upside potential.
- Current return on equity is lower than its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of weakness within the company. Compared to other companies in the Capital Markets industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, FULL CIRCLE CAPITAL CORP underperformed against that of the industry average and is significantly less than that of the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to -$4.21 million or 417.79% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- You can view the full Full Circle Capital Corp BDC Ratings Report.
Latest Headlines about ANH
Anworth Mortgage Asset Corp.'s 6.25% Series B Cumulative Convertible Preferred Stock About To Put More Money In Your Pocket
Reminder: Anworth Mortgage Asset Corp.'s Series B Cumulative Convertible Preferred Stock Goes Ex-Dividend Soon
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV