Paychex, Inc., a leading provider of
solutions for small- to medium-sized businesses, today announced enhancements to the
smartphone application for iPhone
and Android™ to now include employer and employee access to health and benefits information, as well as employer access to company-level flexible spending account (FSA) information.
“As we continue to develop our mobile technology and expand our Software-as-a-Service offerings, we are helping business owners gain greater control of their back office and increase personal productivity with access to their company and employee data from the palm of their hand,” said Michael Gioja, Paychex senior vice president of information technology, product management and development. “With the new enhancements to our smartphone app, Paychex Mobile is one of the nation’s most comprehensive payroll, HR, retirement, and insurance apps available to small businesses and their employees.”
Employers can now access personal and company health and benefits and FSA information from their smartphone, in addition to the payroll, retirement, and employee data previously accessible through the smartphone app. The newest features of Paychex Mobile give business owners the ability to:
- Access a full list of health plan participants to view individual plan information
- Access employee benefit elections and specific enrollment data, including coverage type, eligibility date, and premium contribution amounts
- Receive notification of employees that are newly eligible for health benefits
- View a list of the company’s current carriers, with website links
- Contact their Paychex Insurance Agency account manager by phone or email with one touch
- Access a full list of FSA-enrolled employees and view their FSA account balance, elections, and reimbursement activity
- View total account balances for company FSA accounts
- Receive alerts when an employee is not on track to make their total FSA election
- Customize the dashboard that connects them to the app’s various features and their preferred data
In addition to providing Paychex clients with powerful tools for instant management and increased productivity, the app now allows employees to review individual benefit information, such as coverage elections and types, premium amounts, links to carrier information, access to a member guide, and a one-click link to the BalanceCare
phone line (when applicable).
Use of the Paychex Mobile smartphone app requires a Paychex Single Sign-On account. Once registered, the same single username and password used to gain access on a laptop, PC, or tablet is also used for smartphone access. Employers don’t have to use the app for their employees to access it. If the employer has a Single Sign-On account, an employee can then use the smartphone app with a username and password provided by their payroll administrator.